In the Beginning...
Dawn of Worlds
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
- Douglas Adams
Cooking up a world in the kitchen:
The first game sessions for our new campaign will revolve around world creation. The entire game world will be player generated. This will include:
- Landmass (Geography and Locations)
- Major Gods and Pantheon
- Major Races & Playable Races
- History of the World & Major Events
This will be guided and facilitated by the GM in 2 stages:
- First we will be using the Dawn of Worlds mini game to create the world, major races, cultures, and basic pantheon.
- For subsequent World Building sessions we will be using Ben Robbins’ outstanding Microscope game to further enrich and enhance the history of the world. In this way we can delve a little deeper into how / why things came about and how things work in the setting.
Follow on sessions will include:
- Cooperative party building through role play mini games
- Character building tools and workshops
- Rules / Game system review
- 1 shot Adventures and RuneQuest 6 playtest sessions covering Melee & Magic Combat mechanics.
These 1 shot adventures feature scenarios and materials provided by Lawrence Whitaker – one of the authors of the upcoming RuneQuest 6. Details concerning RQ 6 can be found here.
The Campaign is set to go live in the last week of January, so stay tuned!